Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 random things about me and mommy

dear mazi,

i know, i know, i am yet to finish my previous post but i will get to that later or sooner... anyway, a week or two ago, i was tagged in this 25 random things by abbie (mom's cousin). i decided to put mine here and so is mom's coz we thought it will be cool. here it goes:

this is dad's:

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

1. being the youngest in a brood of 12, i've always yearned to be called kuya. (like, koya koya, wag po!!! hehehehe)
2. when i was in elementary and high school, i always get into trouble with the teachers. my being opinionated and direct were always the cause.
3. i grew up in a far flung barrio in bicol where "petromax" and "gin bottle with gas" were used at nighttime. electricity only came about during the latter part of my childhood (like when i was 10). i think this was the reason why most families in the province have at least 10 kids.
4. when i was a kid, we loved playing "taguan" and "tubigan". we also played "tumbang preso" and "syato".
5. i am scared of heights, i mean terrified of heights. and im scared of riding all those roller coasters and ferris wheel.
6. i started drinking alcohol and got so wasted when i was 14. i learned to drink beer (as in bottles and bottles of beer) from my papa dodie. when malou and i were still dating, i end up going home really late coz i drink with my "future father-in law" til wee hours in the morning. (you know until we finish all those cases and cases of beer, after all his friends have gone home. 7. ive always wanted to be taller like at lest 5'10". i get so insecured of my height and my skin color before. i am now so happy and contented with my color and height. one of my worst fear is to lose all my hair. i keep on telling malou to start saving for my hair transplant.
8. when i was in high school, ive always wanted to become an engineer. being an auditor/accountant, one of my dreams is to finish graduate school in one of the best business schools in the US (wharton would really be nice).
9. maybe regret is not the right word, but i should have put more time and effort studying when i was in university.
10. i know that most of the people i met think of me as "antipatiko" and "suplado". i am not very good at making friends and starting a conversation.
11. i am a mama's boy. i miss my "inay", hopefully we will get to see her this spring.
12. i used to be very good in math (operative word is used). having a great teacher and coach in math during my elementary and high school days made me what i am today (not that i am something).
13. i used to join math and writing contests when i was in elementary and high school. i got to travel different provinces (in the phils) because of this. one of my entry in a writing contest about electricity won and was read over the radio many times over.
14. high school was the great. university was even better, i met my wife in uni.
15. i love/adore my daughter. we tickle-fight almost every night and she gets upset everytime i say no when she wants to play.
16. i still wonder how my parents were able to bring up the 12 of us. (not including those miscarriages). though i know that my older siblings worked early in life and didnt pursue further schooling after high school because of financial reasons.
17. i am a probinsyano and will always be a probinsyano. of course i am proud of it.
18. i hate people who looks down on other people because of the color of their skin, the rank in the workplace, their economic status, etc.
19. i work hard, i play harder and i pray the hardest.
20. i am a very emotional person. i cry easily. but i dont cry over sad movies or anything like that.
21. i never win in raffle or anyting of that sort. i get what i want by working hard.
22. ive always wanted to work in an office setting, at a young age of 7, i already said to myself and to an aunt that i will not live in the barrio and have planned my life like at the age of this and that i will be this and that kind of thing. almost everything turned out the way i hope for.
23. i miss my family and very close friends back in the phils. i also miss my wife's relatives in Oz; same with my nephew and his family in london.
24. my wife and my daughter are my life. i always look forward going home after a long day. i try (my hardest) to leave everything work related in the office.
25. i shop for same style of clothes but in different colors (including shoes). i dont buy clothes and shoes at full price.

i actually added some more after i got some comments. here it goes:
25.1 i am hoping that mazi will grow up to be very close with her cousins.
25.2 i am hoping to do a lot of road trips (like driving to the US and canada) and travel to different countries.
25.3 i am hoping to have at least once every two years out of town/country trips with my wife.

wow, it is kinda long. i will post mom's in the next entry.

so, do you know dad better now?

love you,

dad

No comments: